Followers

Monday, June 18, 2012

My first steps in blogger world

Well, finally, I did it!. I've been avoiding to start blogging. I knew why: it's confusing for me. But life changes in that way, that create the necessity to deal with new challenges. And here I am, starting my second blog... I opened the first two days ago, and really couldn't enter again. Doesn't matter, not too much said in there.
The main reason to be here, is to share with my quilting pals my experiences about quilting in a country with no-quilting tradition at all. That's a growing, but still almost unknown craft.
It was five years ago when I discovered Quilting world, an since then, it conquered me.
I was about to quit a whole life of Accounting, which had turned a boring and hard work for me; and was also entering in the "empty nest" age, when one friday morning, at 10 am. I received a call from my best friend.  She told me:
-"Hi dear, listen, I registered myself in a Patchwork and Quilting course.  But I've just received a call from a job I really need to grasp.  It'll be impossible for me to attend the course.  Would you like to go instead of me?  I give it to you"
-"Well, of course I'd like to, thanks.  When it starts?"
-"Today, at 1 PM."
Wasn't that a strong push forward? No time to refuse, or even think about.  Just grab my purse and GO!
That was the beginning of an affair... I became immersed in the study of this beautiful art, that every day surprises me with more fascinating, new secrets. 
After 3 years of classes and practice, buying fabrics and collecting UFO's, as well as some finished projects, I felt my brain fulfilled with information.  A lot of techniques were just glanced at, and I wanted to practice them again.  So, I decided it was time to stop studying for a while, and start teaching others what I've learned.


At present, my dearest dream is to find in my country more people interested in learning this artwork, in the same in-love way as I do. 
I love to browse internet looking for new patterns, designs, and to share experiences with other quilters around the world.  An amusing and amazing way to travel...

5 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog in English. I don't speak Spanish, but I have several friends who were helping me translate! I look forward to following your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you in our blogging and quilting world! See you over at Star of Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world, Irene! You will not regret it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Welcome and to the Star of Africa group too!

    ReplyDelete